The MAS booking service is free. To make a booking over the phone, please call one of the following numbers:
- 01306 500011 - Strings
- 01306 500022 - Woodwind, Brass, Percussion and Harps
If you have never used us before we will need to take a few details; your full name, contact details and, if applicable, the organisation you work for. These details will be kept on our system so for all subsequent calls all we will need is your name.
We also take bookings by email and fax, or via the booking form on our For Fixers page. We will contact you as soon as we have processed your request(s) either by return of email/fax, or by telephone.
In order for us to work efficiently, we will need following details for the work you wish to offer: Date(s), Times, Venue, Programme, Position, Fee and if the work is tied together (if booking more than one date). Once we have all the details, we will inform you of the decision we have made on behalf of the client:
- Fine – we can accept the work. MAS is unique in that our clients can give us the authority to accept work on their behalf. In this case you do not need to wait for confirmation from the client unless you specifically ask for it
- We can ask – we are referring the offer to the client for their decision. We will contact you as soon as we have a response.
- Busy – the client is unavailable for the work. In this instance, we will leave a message for the client informing them that you were trying to book them.
We will then contact our client(s) to relay the booking to them and will contact you as soon as we have received an answer. If you have not heard from us and you need an answer quickly, please let us know and we will make a follow up call to the client.
If you are having problems fixing your date we can offer you lists stating clients' availability. We can perform two types of availability check for you.
- Detailed Availability Check. We check each player's diary and make a decision on the status of their availability. Please note that with some instruments (e.g. Violins) this does take time to do, although we will endeavour to get it to you as quickly as possible.
- Quick Availability Check. This is done by the computer system. The advantage of this is if you need to find a person for your date urgently, we can give you a list whilst you are on the phone. However, this does not take into account our clients instructions and therefore should only be used as a guide.
If you have never used MAS before more information about MAS Working Practices can be found by following the link.
If you would like more information on professional fees please visit the MU website