- Royal College of Music - BMus Hons (Foundation Scholarship) with Itzhak Rashkovsky 1995-2000
- The Leonard Hirsch Prize (for performance of a Paganini caprice), WH Reed Prize, Dove Prize.
- Gulidhall School of Music and Drama - Advanced Instrumental Studies Course with Yfrah Neaman 2000-2001
- The Myra Hess Award.
- Two major awards from the Ian Fleming Charitable Trust
- A Martin Musical Scholarship
- 2 Jerwood Scholarships
- 3 Countess of Munster Musical Trust Awards and a place on their recital scheme.
- The Emily English Award of £5,000 which is made to "the most outstanding violinist" heard by the Musicians' Benevolent Fund panel.
- Wigmore Hall debut in 2000 (Made possible by the Myra Hess Trust)
- Recital/concerto appearances:
- Stratford Festival
- Warwick and Leamington Festival,
- Frome Festival (Mozart Concerto)
- Lake District Summer Music Festival (Recital with Jane Manning)
- Bath Festival (recitals at the Pump Room),
- Lebanon, Cyprus, The Isle of White, Tel Aviv, Halifax,
- Prague, Vienna, Bonn, Budapest,
- Dorking Halls (Bruch Concerto)
- Fairfield Halls, St. Johns Smith Square (Vivaldi Concerti),
- St. Martin in the Fields, the Warehouse (Haydn Concerti),
- St. George’s Branden Hill (Beethoven Concerto).
- Duo partner Huw Watkins (piano).
- Broadcast (recital repertoire) on BBC Radios 2 and 3
- Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra - Guest Leader 2015/16
- English National Opera - Principal 2nd (Guest/trial) 2014/15
- Royal Philharmonic Orchestra - Guest Principal 2nd 2016
- Continuum Ensemble - Guest Leader (Kings Place Concert Series) 2015
- Hong Kong Philharmonic - Guest Leader/Director 2008
- Glyndebourne Touring Opera - Principal 2010/11
- Ballet Rambert/London Musici - No.2 1stviolin/principal 2nd 2006.
- Welsh National Opera - No.4 first violin (extra) 2006/7
- Halle Orchestra - First violins (extra) 2006
- Primavera Chamber Orchestra - No.3/4 firsts 2001/2
- Chamber Domaine - Leader/Director/Soloist 2009-present
- Brandenburg Sinfonia - Guest Leader 2014-present
- Heritage Orchestra - Guest Leader 2015
- Syd Lawrence Orchestra - Guest Leader 2006-2009
OTHER PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Orchestral Leader for: Kathryn Jenkins, Shirley Bassey (Strictly Come Dancing), Squeeze, Kylie, Jeff Beck, Doctor Who Live, Susan Boyle, X Factor (TV sessions), Calabro, Sparks.
RECENT CHAMBER MUSIC/SOLO (2015/16) includes:
- Mendelsohn Octet with The Sacconi Quartet
- Sibelius Suite for violin and orchestra op.117, Bach Double violin concerto with Chamber Domain (soloist)
- Leading Errolyn Wallen's Ensemble X at the Frontiers Festival in works by Errolyn Wallen, Jeremy Peyton-Jones, Henry Purcell and Joe Cutler.
- Leading Continuum Ensemble in Chamber Orchestra and Quartet performances at Kings Place, London (2015).
- Leading performances of contemporary chamber music by Huw Watkins, Judith Bingham and Mark Simpson (Music at Malling)
- Leading Chamber Domain in works by Mahler, Britten, Mozart, Sibelius and Tchaikovsky in London (Wigmore Hall) and Kent.
- Vaughan Williams Songs for violin and voice with Jane Manning at Lake District Summer Music Festival.
Andy Brown, Cool Music, Hilary Skewes, Roz Colls, English Session Orchestra, leading for Isobel Griffiths Ltd on TV, pop and film sessions.
- Britten Sinfonia: several projects working with deprived young people in Norwich. Directed string students over several weeks, helping them to write and perform their own material and record their work.
- Chamber Domaine: working with 12-15 year olds from inner city London Schools with no extracurricular music provision. Culminated in Wigmore Lunchtime Concerts (which the participants attended) of Britten Chamber music and compositions by some of the students.
- Chroma Ensemble: touring Primary Schools in East Anglia playing and talking with children about the meaning of music and helping them to engage with music.
The information contained in this CV is provided by the client of MAS.
MAS takes no responsibility for its accuracy.