2002 MA Music Performance Class 1 (Cork Institute of Technology)
2000 BMus(hons) Class 2:1 (Royal College of Music)
- RTE Concert Orchestra
- Welsh National Opera
- Opera Ireland
- Locrian Ensemble
- John Wilson Orchestra
- Session work on films, tv programmes
- Milton Keynes City Orchestra
- Boomerang Theatre Company Ensemble
- Unicorn Theatre Opera Performance
- Cork Pops Orchestra (Ireland)
SOLO PERFORMANCES/CHAMBER MUSIC
- Solo Harpist with Rough Magic Theatre Company, Soho Theatre 2006
- Flute and Harp recitals Sleaford Music Society, Southend Recital Series
- Member of Joglaresa, early music group, concerts at Cheltenham, Brighton and Chester Festivals
- Performances in Austria for Irish State Visit 2006
- Solo Performance at opening of World Harp Congress, Dublin 2005
- RTE (Ireland) television performance duet with Sir James Galway for Cork City of Culture
- Handel Harp Concerto, Debussy Danses with Locrian Ensemble at St. Martins-in- the-Fields
- Mozart Flute and Harp Concerto at St. Martin’s-in-the-Fields
- Flute and Harp Recital at Bridgewater Hall, Manchester
- Flute and Harp Recital Tours in Somerset, Stratford and Yorkshire
- Choir and Harp Recitals at Cork International Choral Festival
- Tenor, Choir and Harp Recital with St. Albans Choral Society
- West Cork Chambermusic Festival, harp duo concert
- Solo Recital at Pembroke College, Cambridge
- Solo Recital at Doncaster Museum, Yorkshire
- Concerts for Live Music Now!
2000 Isolde Menges Chamber Music Prize(RCM)
2000 String Finalist in RTE Musician of the Future
1998 String Finalist in RTE Musician of the Future
1996 Scholarship to Royal College of Music
Von Glenk – Trio(flute, viola and harp)- Guild Label
Celtic harp on ‘Lord of the Rings’ film soundtrack
Richard Arnell Chamber Music - Dutton Label
Mozart Concerto for Flute and Harp – Bracken Label
Handel Concerto for Harp – Bracken Label
Folk music album with Penradin entitled ‘Lunasadh’
- Member of Live Music Now!
- Work on Education Projects for Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra
- Outreach Concerts for Spitalfields Festival
Jean Kelly hails from an Irish family of several generations of professional musicians.
In 1996 Jean won a scholarship to study harp at the Royal College of Music, London. Since graduating she has based herself in London and has led a busy life as a professional harpist. She regularly tours with the Locrian Ensemble performing harp concertos and her own arrangements of Irish music and has recorded three CD's with the group including Handel’s Harp Concerto, Mozart Flute and harp Concerto and a CD of Chamber Music by Richard Arnell which was editor’s choice in Gramophone magazine. She has also recorded for the Guild label.
Jean played the harp at Buckingham Palace for HRH Prince Charles' birthday and has performed at Highgrove and St. James' Palace on several occasions. Jean played harp on several film scores including 'The Lord of the Rings'. She recently recorded with Katie Melua and The Chieftains and has played on BBC radio and television. She appeared on RTE Television(Ireland) playing duets with Sir James Galway for the closing ceremony of Cork City of Culture 2005.
She has performed in Vienna and St.Petersburg providing music for plays devised by Cork based Boomerang Theatre Company and in 2006 she was involved in a Rough Magic Theatre Company production at the Soho Theatre, London.
Jean performed alongside Nobel Prize-winner Seamus Heaney at the Opening Night of the World Harp Congress in Dublin and she accompanied Irish President Mary McAleese on a State Visit to Austria. Jean has played Celtic Harp with renowned Israeli Sephardic singer Yasmin Levy. She
enjoys playing Traditional Irish Folk Music and also plays harp with Medieval band 'Joglaresa'.
The information contained in this CV is provided by the client of MAS.
MAS takes no responsibility for its accuracy.
Harp, Celtic Harp