Instruments taught: French horn, Piano, theory and conducting
Areas taught in: London
Teaching venue: Teacher or students home, or Royal academy of Music
Charges: 35 pounds an hour
Ability and age range taught:
Horn: beginner to grade 8+
Piano: Beginner to grade 6
Theory: Beginner to grade 8+
Brief summary of teaching qualifications/experience:
- I have been teaching theory, horn and piano since the age of 16.
- Studying at the university of Manchester has given me a highly advance knowledge of music theory
- Studied horn and conducting on the RNCM/University of Manchester “joint course” (BMUS 2:1)
- Masters in horn at the Royal Academy of Music
- I took a teaching module whilst studying at the RNCM which has further advanced my teaching capabilities
- I teach horn at East Barnet Music Centre
- I frequently give masterclasses in schools including Abingdon college, Reading Blue Coat school, Lancing College and Farnborough College and as a result I have extensive experience teaching the horn to young students
- I have been invited several times to coach the horn players at Eton college
- I have volunteered for the charity “Brass for Africa” which involves teaching brass and conducting to the children in the Uganda station
- Through my experience presenting a series of children’s concerts with the Hallé, I have further developed my approach to working with young people
- Through coaching amateur orchestras and sections I feel very confident teaching adults as well.
To send a teaching enquiry to this player, please call or email us
The information contained in this advert is provided by the client of MAS.
MAS takes no responsibility for its accuracy.
Horn, Baroque Horn, Conductor, Natural Horn, Wagner Tuba