- Sinfonia Viva (Trial for 2nd oboe/Cor Anglais)
- Britten Sinfonia (Guest Principal/2nd oboe/Cor Anglais)
- Heritage Orchestra (Principal & Cor Anglais)
- Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
- Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra
- Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra
- London Soloists Chamber Orchestra
- New Noise (with percussionist Joby Burgess)
- Ensemble 10:10
- Elision Ensemble
- Pipers 3 (deputy)
- ECAT Ensemble
- Wide variety of major chamber repertoire covered, including: Mozart 13 Wind Serenade; Prokoviev Quintet; Crumb Ancient Voices; Varèse Intègrales; Xenakis Dmaathan; Birtwistle Pulse Sampler; Finnissy Delal.
Session Work (film, radio and television)
- Sessions for Isobel Griffiths (1st/2nd/Cor) (2009 - present)
- Radio broadcasts for the BBC (2000 - present)
- Sessions for various pop groups, including Boyzone & Toploader
TEACHING, COACHING AND EDUCATIONAL WORKSHOPS/CONCERTS
- Junior Trinity College of Music – oboe teacher/chamber music coach (2005 - present)
- GSMD Teaching Skills Lecturer (2003 - present)
- Uppingham School – oboe teacher/chamber music coach (2001 - present)
- Extensive educational work, particularly with New Noise, for organisations including Goldsmiths College University (four year residency), SPNM, Wigmore Hall, COMA, GSMD and Live Music Now! Numerous workshops/performances for all age groups in schools and workshops for composers/performers at many Universities.
- Guildhall School of Music & Drama, London (1995 - 1999)
- Junior Department, GSMD, London (1992 - 1995)
- National Youth Orchestra of Great Britain (1993 - 1995)
Studied with: Neil Black, Jane Marshall, Melinda Maxwell, Kieren Moore, Irene Pragnell, Christopher Redgate, Richard Simpson and David Walter.
One of Britain’s most exciting oboists, Janey is committed to developing the oboe repertoire, and has been involved in commissioning and performing over 70 new works, founding the duo New Noise with percussionist Joby Burgess in 1999.
As a soloist, Janey has given recital and concerto performances throughout the UK and Europe, making her Barbican Hall debut in 1998 performing the Vaughan-Williams Oboe Concerto. She has performed at festivals throughout the United Kingdom and collaborated with artists including Rolf Hind, Clare Booth, John Kenny and Sarah Leonard.
Janey has worked as guest Principal with the Britten Sinfonia, which has included live BBC broadcasts and performing and recording Via Crucis by Lukaszewski with them. She has also worked with ensembles including Elision, ECAT and 10:10. Orchestral work includes the Heritage Orchestra, Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra and the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra. Janey’s current release is Frozen River Flows on the Oboe Classics label. Other recording work has included film and TV sessions for Isobel Griffiths.
Working as an educator is a major part of Janey’s work, and she currently teaches at Junior Trinity College of Music and Uppingham School. She also lectures teaching skills classes at the GSMD and is a regular festival adjudicator. Janey studied at the Guildhall School of Music & Drama.
The information contained in this CV is provided by the client of MAS.
MAS takes no responsibility for its accuracy.
Oboe, Cor Anglais, Oboe d'Amore