Education and Qualifications
- Studied with Hugh Maguire from 1976-79
- Studied at RNCM with Eli Goren from 1979-83
- Graduated from RNCM in 1983 with PPRNCM (Distinction)
- Member of BBCSO (first violins) 1983-84
- Member of English Chamber Orchestra 1984-97
- Member of London Mozart Players 1997-1998
- Freelance player from 1998 - present time
As a member of the ECO he played concerti with the orchestra on several occasions both at home and abroad. As well as having a lot of experience playing principal second violin and leading on occasions, he held the position of sub-leader for the last three years that he played with the orchestra.
On leaving the orchestra he became no.3 first violin in the London Mozart Players for just over a year before deciding to become a freelance violinist. Since doing so he has worked with most of the symphony and chamber orchestras and been involved in many sessions for TV, radio and film.
- BBC Symphony Orchestra
- BBC Concert Orchestra
- BBC National Orchestra of Wales
- Philharmonia Orchestra
- London Philharmonic Orchestra
- Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
- City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra
- Orchestra De Cadaques
- Academy of St Martin in the Fields
- London Mozart Players
- City of London Sinfonia
- Scottish Chamber Orchestra
- Orchestra of St Johns Smith Square
- Mozart Festival Orchestra
- Johann Strauss Gala Orchestra
- London Concert Orchestra
- English National Opera
He has also been in involved in the following West End Productions:
Miss Saigon, Crazy For You, Napoleon, The King and I, Martin Guerre, Hard Times, Beauty and the Beast, My Fair Lady, The Producers, Lord of the Rings, Evita, Joseph and his Technicolour Dreamcoat, Sweeny Todd, Wicked, Carousel and Love Never Dies.
D’oyly Carte Productions of Pirates of Penzance, The Mikado, H.M.S Pinafore, Iolanthe, The Yeomen of the Guard and The Gondoliers.
The information contained in this CV is provided by the client of MAS.
MAS takes no responsibility for its accuracy.