Ian won a scholarship to study at the Royal Academy of Music under the tutelage of Sebastian Bell and Jaime Martin. Whilst at college he played piccolo and principal flute with European Union Youth Orchestra and made his professional debut with Chamber Orchestra of Europe in 2000.
Since leaving college Ian has performed as guest Principal Flute with London Philharmonic Orchestra, Philharmonia Orchestra, Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, London Mozart Players, English National Opera, Royal Scottish National Orchestra, Hallé Orchestra, RTE Concert Orchestra, BBC National Orchestra of Wales, English National Ballet, Birmingham Royal Ballet and Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra.
He has also performed with London Symphony Orchestra, Chamber Orchestra of Europe, London Sinfonietta, BBC Philharmonic Orchestra, Northern Sinfonia and London Metropolitan Orchestra.
Ian has achieved more than 300,000 hits with his short teaching videos on You Tube in collaboration with Trevor James flutes. He is in great demand as an Orchestral Player, Soloist, Teacher and Commercial musician. He has a vast experience in the recording studio and has worked with many varying artists across genres from Sting, Ian Anderson, Ravi Shankar, Kylie Minogue and many, many more. He has also recorded extensively with the Royal Philharmonic and London Philharmonic Orchestras throughout his career.
Principal Trials Include
- London Philharmonic Orchestra (Current)
- RTE Concert Orchestra *
- London Mozart Players *
- Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
- Royal Scottish National Orchestra *
- English National Opera
- BBC National Orchestra of Wales
- Halle Orchestra
*Denotes was selected down to the last two or job was not given out.
Commercial Recordings include...
- Ironman 3 - London Philharmonic Orchestra, Abbey Road Studios
- The Hobbit 'An Unexpected Journey' composer Howard Shore - London Philharmonic Orchestra, Abbey Road Studios
- Hugo composer Howard Shore - London Philharmonic Orchestra, Abbey Road Studios
- Il Divo album - Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra, London Coliseum
- Sting Symphonicity Album - Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra, Abbey Road Studios
- Sting Live in Berlin DVD - Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra, Berlin
- Band of Brothers composer Michael Kamen - London Metropolitan Orchestra 2nd Flute, Abbey Road Studios
‘lan Mullin is one of the best flute players that I have ever met, worked with or heard… Some of the solos were seen by major players in Los Angeles, New York and Washington DC at the Kennedy Centre for the world premier and many players were unsure if it was playable. When lan saw it for the first time it leapt from his flute giving reality to my music in a brilliant musical fashion. I cannot recommend him highly enough, he is good company, very easy to work with and an incredible player.’
Michael Kamen Film Composer 2001
Ian is training for his Shodan (Black Belt) in Danzan Ryu Ju-Jitsu and also is help taking All Flutes Plus in a new and exciting direction as Performer, Marketing & Sales Director.
The information contained in this CV is provided by the client of MAS.
MAS takes no responsibility for its accuracy.